cpm

Sunday 17 December 2017

If i can do it, anyone can!

If i can do it, anyone can!

 in story •  2 hours ago
I live a great life! Im not bragging by any means, I am actually rejoicing! I love my life! Its an odd thing to say, probably as odd as it is to hear. People don't celebrate life like they use to. I think that is kinda sad and would love to see that change.
My life has not always been this good, infact it was filled with all kinds of negative sh*t. I dont want to bore u with my sob story but i want you to hear a few things so you realize everyone goes through rough times and anyonecan rise above their trials to be great!

Hard knock school of life

I hung around with the wrong crowd in highschool which landed me in court and handcuffs quite often to say the least. After a defered sentence on a felony at age 20 i had the choice to go to prison or to the military (cuz 911 just happened and they needed soldiers) so i chose the army. I ended up going to war two different times, both in a combat unit where I lost 9 friends and 4 more to suicide since we came home. We got blown up, shot at, and every terrible thing u could imagine including lots of death. I deal with ptsd and other ailments that serve as a daily reminder of my time in iraq.
addiction
After the military i became an addict, like many other veterans do. Of what u ask? Pretty much name it. Alcohol and opioids were my choice but anything worked. During that period of addiction i also earned myself another felony for cultivation and I lost a gf of 7 years to an overdose. After all of that i ended up broke and had to move back in with my parents at age 31 to restart my life. My life was less than desirable to say the least.
I finally realized that i was my own worse enemy and started to change my life for the better, i sobered up and got a job. I bought my own house then remodeled it. Life was alright, but it just wasn't me. Eventually i got tired of the rat race and ended up back at the bar doing and selling drugs once again.
Humans (myself included) are terrible creatures of habit, it is so easy to fall back into the life that you once knew so well. The easy life, filled with drugs, alcohol and no responsibility at all.
Eventually i was fed up with that scene too, i lived in a small town at that time and the fun died fast there. I knew i needed a change but didnt know what. I felt lost and empty and my ptsd was out of control and i just couldnt imagine continuing to exist in this manner for the rest of my life.

i needed a change

I didn't know what but I knew the life i had been living up until this point was definitely not the one I wanted. So i changed everything I had control over, from the minute i woke up until the minute i went to bed. Control was the only thing I had in my life so I utilized it.

healthy lifestyle

Up until this point I ate mostly meat and fast food. NO vegetables! seriously. I decided no more fast food ever again and only organic food from then on. Your body is a temple, if u want to feel great you have to feed your body healthy food. You wouldnt believe how amazing you feel when u stop putting garbage food in your body! Yes vegetables suck, but feeling like a super hero is worth eating broccoli and other greens more often.

you just want to do more

After you start eating healthy you will have so much more energy, you will feel like you have to do something, I started walking daily! Shortly there after it was two walks a day because I felt so damn good.
Next i started working out, not because i had to, because for the first time in my life I wanted to take care of my body and it just seemed like the right thing to do so i did it on auto pilot. My mind knew excercise would make it perform better. I started small 15mins every other day, just some calestedics now its up to an hour 5 -6 times a week, cuz i feel off my game with out it now.
dreams and goals
After my body was feeling good i was finally ready to work on my life. I listened to many motivational speeches and realized i had complete control of my life. So i took responsibility of my life and decided no more excuses. I took ownership of my life and decided what my dreams were. I made goals, daily goals, weekly goals monthly goals and yearly goals. I worked towards those goals every day and now, after so much work, my life is absolutely amazing!
We are about to embark on a year long journey of traveling the world! We just booked our first 90 days out of this ocuntry on vacation and i have never been so excited about anything in my life!
So just remember, if ur life sucks you are the only one who can change it. It won't be easy and it prolly won't be quick, but I promise you that it is absolutely possible if you want it bad enough. Listen, if a felon, drug addict, alcoholic disabled veteran with extremely bad ptsd and teribble depression can do it, than anyone can! Just start today.
you don't have to be great to start, but you have to be start to be great!
"Peace, love and all that hippie shit"

No comments:

Post a Comment