cpm

Friday 15 December 2017

The present

The present

 in poetry •  14 hours ago
Every morning as I rise,
I say thank you to the universe as I open my eyes.
I lay in bed quietly appreciating this gift,
of life and love and the amazing relationship.
To everything, the universe and all that we are,
Even though I struggle to realize why we've come this far.
I feel as though we have lost sight of the goal,
it is only to be happy, productive and fruitful.
To give and to share and to help people out,
is really what lifes' greatest secret is all about.
So, I do my best to appreciate the signs,
the beauty in nature and the events that align.
But there is a gift that comes twice each day,
it's the universes way of saying everything is ok.
Once in the morning for you so you may rise,
and once in the evening to let you know it's ok to close your eyes.
The sunrise and sunset, the fire ball burning,
this world goes round n round and keeps on turning.
Tomorrow may never come so make everyday great,
because the past is behind you so its already to late.
Today is the gift that we have been sent,
that is why it is referred to as the present.
A poem and pictures by @moderndayhippie
Peace, love and all that hippie shit
This was the first poem I have ever done, I would really appreciate some feed back :) Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment