cpm

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Insanity ; 35 rotations around the sun (and the life lesson I have learned)

35 rotations around the sun (and the life lesson I have learned)

Remember the definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.
Today is my 35th birthday and for the first time in my life I finally feel like I got shit figured out. (lol)
I know this sounds crazy but I never had any dreams of going to college or even having some great career.
It's not that I'm lazy, I just couldn't see myself getting a job working (wasting) 8 hours a day (making someone else rich) for the rest of my life.
It never interested me one bit and I couldn't figure out why that was what humans did.

After making some mistakes and getting into some trouble as a teenager I joined the army thinking maybe that would give me some direction or at least something to hold me over until I figured out what I wanted in life.
But after two combat tours I was all funned out on the military.
Next came growing marijuana for a living.
I kinda fell into this job after the military and thought for a while it was a dream job.
I found I love growing marijuana, but not for other people, only as a hobby for myself.
After that I worked warehouse jobs, service jobs, tech jobs, I've tried it all and none of it was for me.
I didn't know what I was searching and didn't even know if I would find what I was looking for.

I tried following in the lockstep of society, I bought a house thinking it would make me happy, it didn't.
For years I have felt more trapped then ever.
So in January of this year my fiance and I decided we needed a change in our lives.
We didn't know where to start so we decided to start eating organically, just to make us healthier.
We also decided to stop poisoning ourselves with cigarettes and alcohol.

After starting that things just started falling into place for us.
We felt so good we decided to start walking daily, which then turned into working out and doing yoga.
Now instead of feeling lost or trapped, everyday I learn more about myself and life makes a little more sense.
All it took was for us to actually start changing, after that it was like a title wave of force started carrying us.

I woke up the other morning and realized this entire time I've been setting us up for a journey of a lifetime without even knowing it!
I had bought an old shitty victorian house about 5 years ago and remodeled the ENTIRE house since.
I have created a beautiful equity nest egg on accident because I couldn't afford the "nicer" home when I was first buying.
So instead I made the dream home I always wanted with sweat equity (doing all the work myself).
Now I can sell my home, buy an RV (cash) and travel for years if not forever with the money I'm investing in cryptos. :)
Finally, my dream job and life!

Who would of thought it would all come together on my 35th birthday!?!
Its absolutely incredible how life works itself out when you give it a little push!
So if you are under 35 (or even older) and feel like you are lost in your life, don't worry life has a funny way of working itself out.
It all starts with a little change. So if you don't like something about your life then change it!


Peace, Love n all that hippie shit

No comments:

Post a Comment